POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gilles' exposition in Vietnam : Re: Gilles' exposition in Vietnam Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gilles' exposition in Vietnam
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Aug 2006 17:00:08
Message: <44f5fc58$1@news.povray.org>

Xns982FCC671CD70seed7@news.povray.org...
> Just came in through Google alerts:
> http://www.thanhniennews.com/entertaiments/?catid=6&newsid=19493

Thanks Ingo! I had been checking their website for a few days (the article
was due last week).

The only thing is, the headline and parts of the article are a complete
fantasy. I gave a interview in Saigon a few weeks ago to the Thanh Nien
journalist, but this version is just weird (and I don't think he wrote it).

Really, I DO NOT plan to "open a gallery" in Saigon and the nice lady who
has actually been running the Mai gallery for the last 4 years won't be
pleased to learn that I'm going to "open" her gallery :D

Also, some bits of the "interview" were borrowed from the one I gave to the
123d.com site in 2004. In fact, a few content-starved 3D websites in Vietnam
and China translated it in their own language some months ago.

The actual story, much less newsworthy, is that there's some remote
possibility that I may have a show in that gallery next year. There's a lot
to sort out before it becomes a reality. In any case, 3D and digital art are
very new in Vietnam, as are most forms of contemporary art, and generally
speaking there's a hunger for all the shiny stuff they've been missing all
these years.

G.